Perks of Being The Only Student In The Class

August 01, 2017

Since school is around the corner and YouTubers have started publishing back-to-school videos (already?!), I decided to hop onto the trend (Not really, just wanted to remind you that summer is almost over for us *displays a wicked grin*). During the last year of my school, I was the only student in most of the classes scheduled. It was a unique experience yet torturing. Homeschoolers and private tuition-takers, get ready to relate! Here are the five things you experience when you're the only student in the class:

1. The teacher can't recall the homework she gave you

GIF Courtesy: Tenor


Teachers would sometimes give us an unrealistic amount of homework. However, you're fortunate in that case because there is no one else except you to remind the teacher about the homework given. If you haven't done your homework and the teacher forgets it, consider yourself in the safe zone. Be carefree about the deadlines for projects!


2. If the teacher is absent, you're gonna have a miserable time

GIF Courtesy: Tumblr


The sight of the substitute teacher walking into the class with ten papers in her hand was daunting. Plus you had to join the students in other class where you had no idea of their class discussion. Just one word: BORING...


3. It takes lesser time to clear your doubts

GIF Courtesy: imgarcade.com


As there were no other students to ask questions in the class, I took the opportunity to understand the topic fully. The lesser the time it takes, the faster you finish learning the topics!




4. More availability for borrowing extra materials 

GIF Courtesy: studenthut.com


The library would have so many untouched books for the subjects I studied! Clearly I borrowed tons of books to revise because one textbook wasn't enough sometimes. Just kidding! Who would carry that many books? But teachers and librarians would not hesitate to provide you with a bunch of books.

5. The teacher automatically likes you! (Or at least that's what you wanna think)

GIF Courtesy: giphy.com

I remember that when I had other classes with my classmates, we would tend to get talkative mostly (and teachers would start fuming with anger whenever that happened...) However, in those cases, the teacher would just talk, and I had to listen. There was only two-way communication going on!




The sad part was there were no friends to celebrate when a test was over :( As much as I hated the process of studying all by myself, it has taught me to be independent and patient. Thanks for reading this article...it's different from what I usually write. Goodluck with school and enjoy the rest of the summers to the fullest! 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.