Winter Wonderland at Mount Titlis!

October 15, 2018

Day 4: Engelberg ➡️  Venice

We embraced the chilly winds and rolling green hills, as soon as I opened the door of the attic balcony. We were then ushered towards the bus to head to Mount Titlis.






The tour guide gave us interesting facts about  Switzerland...like the currency is Swiss francs (unlike other European countries that use Euros)  and Helvetia is the official name. Also, I noticed frequent use of electric buses there, which is the reason for fewer chances of pollution.

We arrived at Titlis timely, as scheduled. We immediately grabbed our stickers and hopped on the cable car to see the magical views of the snow-covered mountains.

I also felt incredibly proud to see Ranveer Singh's picture in the photo studio as an ambassador for Switzerland tourism. He truly deserves to promote the alpine nation, as he has constantly shown his enthusiasm towards visiting this country.

We then reached the most elevated spot of the Mount Titlis. Upon arrival, we sat on an inflatable tube and slid through the dry snow with our adrenaline rushing.

Honestly, it was truly heaven on Earth...Every nook and corner looked unreal! The breeze was so spine freezing that I could feel my bloodstream halted with ice. My entire body felt numb. 

Thereafter, we sat on the ice flyer which was the highlight of this trip! It swept us over the crisp peaks of the lofty mountains blanketed with snow. 


























After exiting the miraculous ice flyer ride, we went to the glacier cave. At this point, I pulled out my phone to click a picture and I just failed to feel my hands... 

We stopped on the way and got some Swiss chocolates for ourselves. Aditi helped me take a few artsy pictures of it. The one on the right was one of the best ones.

As usual, we reached the hotel in Venice. After eating dinner, we dozed off straightaway.

I cannot express how grateful I was to have undertaken on this journey with my family. It should be experienced at least once in a lifetime (although I'd love to come every year...if I could!)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.