School Camp to the Pine Resort

April 07, 2016
It has been a while since we went to this camp, so I thought it would be a great idea to post some information about this as well.
The first thing we saw when we entered the meeting room

The Pine Resort is located in Pathumthani Province, which is known for its activities and accommodations. I personally feel that this place is one of the most suitable destinations a school could find.
Everyone seriously working on
designing their shirts







We firstly started with getting seated in the double-decker bus. Atul and Saksith took the authority over the microphone and started mimicking to Drake's Hotline Bling. They also turned on rap music and started to lip-sync quickly. The teachers had enjoyed their fun, as they were reassured that we will not do mischief around the bus.

As soon as we reached the destination, we were assigned to the meeting room for us to paint our white shirts with any design that would symbolise this camp and I must say I found great results. I also felt stressed that I forgot to bring my white shirt, however I continued to help my friends painting their shirts. Hopefully, I didn't mess up with the shirts, like I usually do.

It was time for our fun-filled activities! I cannot recall the order of activities or all of the activities, but the trust fall was one of the best ones. Plus my classmates were not very heavy, so it was quite fun. While counting down, my heart almost skipped a beat. What if the trust fall mat tears due to my weight? We also climbed all the way up through the tied ropes. Dolly and I struggled a lot to advance on the ropes, while the boys did it with great ease. My teacher told us that it had something to do with our heights. The pine trees looked spectacular. It gave us chill vibes. Since we were impressed with the background, we decided to click pictures by posing like models. It was merrymaking going on!

Subsequently, after freshening up we were asked to come up on stage and present our painted shirts which were still wet! Well, some of them were. T.Micheal called everyone one-by-one and asked them what they had painted and why had they done so.
Amazing results by my juniors there!
We then had the "IPS Talent Show" for us to showcase what we had got. According to the schedule, we began with the lip-sync battle which was organised effortlessly by the teachers. Everyone seemed keen on their performances and I felt that they did it beyond other students and teachers expectations, especially Anirudh and Sajiv who were junior to me. They totally nailed their expressions to "I Can't Feel My Face" by The Weeknd. April and Saksith also melodiously sang to Meghan Trainor's "Like I'm Gonna Lose You". Everyone seemed to be in the mood for dancing, therefore the event concluded with an open dance floor.
IPS Talent Show perfomances



From left to right (at the right corner of the fire):
Atul, Dolly, Me and Cake
Afterwards, we all sat around the fire. It was scorching hot like lava. All the teachers and students were sharing their experiences regarding ghosts and spirits. I am sure that most of them were made up, as they sounded pretty unrealistic. Some of them were never-ending, as it took ages for them to complete it. My eyes were getting heavy, as I was beginning to feel sleepy. Luckily they decided to roast marshmallows and made us go to bed.

At around 12:41, an unknown number started popping up on my phone screen. Realising it was one of my classmates, I continued talking to a couple of them because I could not sleep anyway. It always happens to me that whenever I sleep in another place, I just would not be able to sleep peacefully. They had the intention to prank call me, which was unsuccessful because I could recognise them in their silence! They were....for the first minute. I was not aware of when I started sleeping.

The next morning, as soon as we woke up we were called for jogging. Morning jog felt great. The scenic view just melted my heart. I never felt comfortable away from home. Unfortunately, I have not taken a picture of the view. Will keep that in mind for the next time!

After freshening up and breakfast session, Teacher Nishan assisted us in designing the kite. This activity was actually interesting and I am sure all of us were intrigued by it. "The Kite Making Competition" was really challenging and most people just gave up on it. We then went outdoors to play with the kite and other additional games.

Finally, we bid adieu to that amazing place. We all wanted to go home, but wanted to stay there as well. Just mixed emotions there....


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.