Beauteous Belgium

July 26, 2018
You may have been wondering where I was for this past month. If you followed me on Instagram, you would notice that I have been posting tons of pictures from my Europe trip on my story. These ten days were the best days of my life! By the way, you can click here to follow me there! (That was a smooth introduction ;))

Day 1: Paris ➡️  Brussels






As soon as we landed at the Charles de Gaulle Airport, we were formally greeted at the immigration center. When we heard the word "Bonjour", it finally woke us up. We were finally in the City of Lights!

We hurriedly dashed off to Garu du Nord Station via RER (rapid transit system in France). Peculiarly, the station was not as crowded as I expected it to be. During the ride on the train, I noticed the elegant exteriors of the city. Europe definitely has its unique architecture.

Subsequently, we then headed towards Brussels via Thalys. It is a high-speed train operator that originally served Paris and Brussels. Currently, the trains also go to Amsterdam and London through Lille. On the way, I saw many paddy fields and lush grass that were incredibly picturesque. I felt like the greenery represented the freshness that I was going to get.

Upon arrival, we grabbed a cab and reached the hotel. After freshening up, we took some pictures of the streets of Brussels. This task was a test from hell for me! The weather was so freezing cold, that while clicking the pictures I could not feel my hands. It was probably around 11°C.

Later, we shopped around Primark and Zara. At 9 PM, there was still a substantial amount of sunlight. I wasn't used to that, so that was a new one on me.

We then went to bed, after eating a couple of Belguim waffles and dinner. It was earlier than usual, as we knew the next day was going to be a power-packed day. First day of the trip done right! Am I right?

That's all for now. Follow ups of the next days will be posted soon!



11 comments:

  1. I'm from Belgium, and really can't believe you got cold from 11degrees. That's like autumn. If you got here at the moment, you would sweat your ass off. It's 35degrees which is way to hot for Belgium. I would also suggest to visit Bruges, it's quite a nice play to write stories & take stunning photgraphs. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, in Bangkok, the temperature is quite warm. It's very rare for it to drop below 20°C. Haha, that's why 11 degrees is cold for people living here.

      :)

      Delete
    2. Yes...I'm not used to the cold weather, as it's usually hot here in BKK. I will surely visit Bruges whenever I go there again! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Hoping I could also experience Belgium. I enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! I am sure you will soon hopefully. Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  3. Hi,
    European countries are great and beautiful.
    Regards
    The out of box salesman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha you expected a huge crowd at the metro station. This isn't India.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha I know...but I didn't expect there to be just a few people too. ;)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.