Day 5 - My internship experience at PIM's Junior Inter.Club #2

July 19, 2016
"We could be heroes....ohhhh", the speakers hummed the track of "Heroes by Alesso". "Anirudh definitely has a great taste of music", I thought to myself facing towards the window.

Aravind poked me on the shoulder. I shrugged. "Hey Shruti, are you gonna write all these activities on your blog", he asked in a blithe tone. I nodded in agreement.

Right after our vine and coffee session, we proceeded to the cooking lab. There the chef professor had briefed us all about the Food Business Management (FBM) and our task was to cook the famous Thai dish called "Pad-Thai" (Stir Fried Rice Noodles along with shrimp and eggs).

When I heard we had to "cook", I was perplexed. I had hardly stepped into the kitchen, as I only had to drink water or get the plates. The reason is that cooking was like going on a war with my kitchen.

We grouped ourselves with 3 non-vegetarians groups and 2 vegetarians groups.
The ingredients were neatly placed on each counters
The professor had explained that we firstly had to observe how he made it, then we would cook it step by step, after that we had to cook it in groups without depending on the professors.
 The greatest thing about being in groups is that you would eventually find each others strengths. And through this task, Faheem and I discovered out that Yohan was an excellent chef. He poured the appropriate amounts of oil and water and stirred them just the way the chef had demonstrated. "Probably he is just a fast learner", I assured myself. Out of curiosity, I asked him, "Yaar tu pehle se hi cooking karta tha kya? (Dude, did you cook previously as well?)". He said that he sometimes cooked at home. 

However, the most exasperating thing about cooking was that the smallest bit egg shell kept falling into our noodles. Yohan asked Faheem to crack it properly, as he carefully did it for the second time. It occurred again! We carefully removed it with a spoon.
Every group busy cooking...
After that, people take pictures with the Pad Thai and of the Pad Thai
Because the professor said that presentation really matters 
After a not-so-heavy lunch, we went to the coffee lab where we had to brew the Thai tea "Cha Nom". Ajarn explained us the step-by-step process, and then we had made it for everyone in the group. The result was unexpected! It was nor too sweet and nor too bitter.
Professor explaining about the coffee 
We all surely wanted to try one of the recipes at home. It was time to depart, and we eagerly waited for the vans and left to repeat the process at home.

Casual Photo Sessions

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.